主题句: I pulled it off. 我成功了。
在英语里,表示取得成功有很多种说法,不过I pulled it off.这句短语带有一点幸运的意思,比方说你购买福利彩票,中了头奖,毫无疑问你可以高呼:I pulled it off.
SCENE 1
Chris: Did you watch the table tennis game between DengYaPing and WangNan last night? 你昨晚看没看邓亚萍和王楠之间的乒乓球赛?
Helen: No, what was the final result? 没有,最后结果如何?
Chris: Deng pulled it off in the last 5 minutes. 邓亚萍最后5分钟控制了局面。
SCENE 2
A: You're lucky. You should treat me to dinner. 你真幸运,你今天该请我吃饭。
B: What do you mean I'm lucky? 你说我走运是什么意思?
A: You don't know? You‘ve been accepted by Beijing University. You pulled it off. 你还不知道啊?你被北大录取了,你成功了。
SCENE 3
Helen: John lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks. John在两周内减去15磅。
Joe: It sounds impossible, but he pulled it off. 听起来似天方夜谈,但他成功了。
SENTENCES
1.The mayor ran for re-election and he pulled it off. 市长参加竞选连任,而且他成功了。
2.My sister applied for a visa to America last week, and she pulled it off. You know, many people were refused. 我妹妹上周申请去美国的签证,她成功了。你知道,有很多人被拒签。
3.I won a camera on the TV game show. I pull it off. 我参加电视游戏赢了一个相机,我幸运地取得了成功。